Hi! I am C. Lynn Williams, award-winning author and parenting coach, who loves helping facilitate great relationships between parents and their children. I am a Chicago Public School approved vendor and I offer parent classes & workshops through public and private schools and organizations. Many of the courses are Title 1 approved because we focus on outcomes that affect students academically, as well as socio-emotional achievement.
If you are looking for ways to engage your parents, review the list of topics below. If there is a topic of interest, not listed here, please let me know.
- Sharpening Your Child’s Online Safety (4-week series)
- It’s funny how strange YouTube can become (for our children) with autopilot on. Kid videos become very unchild-like. Learn the terminology and apps that are available for your children and how to protect them from predatory ones.
- Using Executive Functions to Empower Your Child (5-week series)
- Youth are often unprepared for class and unable to exercise self-control and self-restraint when needed. This workshop series is designed to provide tools & tips for helping youth build responsibility in areas of assignment completion & (Title 1 approved)
- Establishing Routines for Your Child’s Success (4-week series)
- A simple tool like a morning and evening routine helps a child build self-esteem and confidence. It also helps them succeed in school and throughout their life. This workshop offers tips and techniques for parents on establishing routines and organizational skills that work. (2-hour min)
- 21st Century Parent Empowerment (8-week series)
- Empowered parents have healthy relationships with their children and the educators of their These parents have a sense of belonging to their community (school and neighborhood) and support their children and the teachers in their child’s school. This seminar series helps parents increase their participation (at home) and help their children succeed in school. (Title 1 approved)
- Using Communications To Achieve Academic Success For Your Student (5-week series)
- Workshop is designed to equip parents with scenarios, tools, and exercises to use communication and active listening with their son or daughter. (Title 1 approved)
- Role Modeling to Build STEM Girls (NEW)
- Technology has allowed us to communicate and compete globally. Global competition also requires our children to work harder to stay inline or ahead of their peers, often creating anxiety and stress. By 5th grade, many girls stop showing their math and science prowess. Help your daughter exhibit her STEM skills necessary to be resilient in the today’s global society.
- Reducing Your Child’s Anxiety & Stress for Social & Academic Success (4-week series) (NEW)
- Technology has allowed us to communicate and compete globally. Global competition also requires our children to work harder to stay inline or ahead of their peers, often creating anxiety and stress. Help your child with life skills necessary to be resilient in the classroom and today’s global society.
- Addressing Anger & Grief to Empower Students (4-week series) (NEW)
- Workshop is designed to help parents examine experiences that trigger behavior issues in their children related to anger and grief and discuss how to increase their child’s academic success.